On October 31, 2008, ICANN members attended the Council of Investors meeting devoted to “New Investment Opportunites in Nizhny Novgorod Region”.
The “Council of Investors” meets up to four times a year. It is organized by the Ministry of Investment Politics of the Nizhny Novgorod region and chaired by the Governor. This time it was also held as an Annual Meeting with the Governor for all ICANN members. The meeting is usually attended by both Russian and international investors. ICANN has a permanent seat in the Council. At the Council investors can ask their questions to the regional Government, and the Government can communicate relevant information to investors.
At the last meeting the following topics were raised:
1. G.V.Balandin, the Minister of Economy of Nizhny Novgorod region, outlined the strategy of development of Nizhny Novgorod region during 2006-2008 and plans for 2009”/
2. I. O. Korobeynikov, Director of The Central Directory for Automobile Roads Construction in Nizhny Novgorod Region, spoke on current state of affairs of the transport infrastructure in the region.
3. V. V. Kazakov, the Minister of Support and Development of Small Business, Consumer Market and Services of Nizhny Novgorod region, presented the region’s plans on development of hotel infrastructure in the region and improving of the hospitality services.
4. D.V. Svatkovsky, the Minister for Investment Policy of Nizhny Novgorod region, spoke on the status of projects concerning creation of industrial parks in the region and presented plans for realization of new investment projects.
5. The Director of Transport Department of Nizhny Novgorod region A.V. Zubarev announced the government’s plans about the reconstruction of the International Airport of Nizhny Novgorod.
All ICANN members had an opportunity to ask questions to the Governor and his colleagues from the regional government.